Oneplanet.com (OP.com) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and your data.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003, the data controller is Oneplanet.com which is based at 11A Little Preston Street, Brighton BN1 2HQ. Oneplanet.com is currently a service offered by Bioregional Development Group, a registered charity with registration number 1041486.
In order for us to deliver an effective service to you it is necessary for us to store and use personal information about you. We will treat all information supplied by you in accordance with this policy.
Information supplied to us will be processed and stored on a secure server and may be used in connection with future visits to this website to facilitate easy repeated use. Transaction processes will use data, encrypted using a Secured Socket Layer (“SSL”) session. You should ensure that your version of your web browser supports SSL.
Legal basis for processing this information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you have provided your consent.
Information we may collect from you
1. Depending on how you use the website, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.oneplanet.com (our site) including without limitation your name, address, telephone number, position and the organisation you work for (where applicable). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the website.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- If you sign up to our mailing list via the double opt-in process, we will keep a record of the information you provide.
- Surveys used for research or marketing purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your interest in oneplanet.ocm, our service or a related subject.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders, including products, invoices and payment receipts.
2. How we use this information
- Identify you when you re-visit the site.
- If you Help administer any accounts, services and products or facilitate purchases or services offered by us from time to time.
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you and update you as to services offered. If you do not wish to receive this information, please contact our Data Protection Manager using the contact details below.
- Share relevant knowledge and experience and make improvements based on your feedback.
- Publish anonymous and statistical data as part of dissemination of our monitoring and research work.
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- If you have signed up to our mailing list via the double opt-in process, we will send you marketing emails. You can unsubscribe at any time via the link at the bottom of these emails.
- Ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
3. All storage, use and transmission of personal information relating to an individual or company is subject to the Act. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. We will provide you with a copy of this free-of-charge on your first application. Any further request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
4. The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this policy.
5. While we do our best to protect your personal data, the transmission of information over the internet is never completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site and in using our website you acknowledge that any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We have anonymised IP addresses through Google Analytics so we are not collecting any personally identifiable data.
Third parties and your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985 and section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 as applicable.
We may also have to disclose your personal information to relevant third parties such as our website developers. We will, except where required by law, keep your information confidential and will not disclose any such information except where a disclosure is made at your request or with your consent.
In some cases, we may wish to pass your data on to third parties when we are working with them in partnership on sustainability issues. However, in cases where we would like to pass on your data to our partners we would only do this if you have given permission when we collect your data. Bioregional does not otherwise sell, rent, or disclose any information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
You acknowledge and agree that some of the data that we process may amount to sensitive personal data under the Act. Your continued use of the website amounts to agreement that we may process such data. We, our subcontractors and agents will apply appropriate technical and organisational measures to prevent the unauthorised processing of personal data and protect against accidental loss of or damage to personal data.
How long will you keep my data
If your account is dormant for more than 18 months, we will delete any personally identifiable data.
Right to be forgotten
You may contact us at anytime to have data deleted. Please see below for contact details of our Data Protection Manager.