The Leadership Cohort will bring together LGAs to fast-track the ongoing development, implementation and integration of their Net Zero Climate Strategies
Each project is customised to the requirements of the LGA but follows the key areas and stages:
- Refining your climate strategy which is sense-checked, enhanced and updated iteratively
- Integrating of the climate strategy into existing strategies
- Thematic workshops with trusted experts
- Full training for all members of the organisation who will use the platform
The three month process will provide you with an enhanced climate strategy integrated into existing strategies to streamline implementation, increase engagement and improve reporting.
The Net Zero Navigator Tool
The Net Zero Navigator is a powerful, dynamic and smart tool which fundamentally helps with the following:
- Make or refine plans to reach net-zero in a UK local authority area – which reflects the unique characteristics and capabilities of that area
- Incorporate a view on co-benefits to help support the case for action
- Build the business case for different intervention areas
- Identify other local authorities with shared challenges and characteristics in order to collaborate and learn
- Translate a finalised plan into execution through the OnePlanet platform which enables programme planning and delivery
Created by Connected Places Catapult, Space Syntax and Useful Projects this highly capable and efficient tool has been integrated into the OnePlanet platform to help LGAs reach their net zero targets quicker, utilising inter-departmental resources and demonstrating efficiency and effectiveness.